Saturday 8 June 2013

Super Easy Cheese Scone Bread Thing

I love scones but I hate cutting the butter into the flour because I am super-lazy.  I love bread, but I am scared of yeast.  I also love cheese in everything.  The following recipe is awesome, and super adaptable.  You can bake it as a loaf, you can bake dollops as scones, and you can also use it as a breaded crust to a casserol.  Bake!  Enjoy!

Super Easy Cheese Scone Bread Thing

1 cup self-raising flour
1 cup grated cheese (a sharp cheddar works well, and I often add a few tablespoons of parmesan just for extra cheesey goodness)
2/3 cup milk
1-2 tablespoons pesto
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of paprika (optional)

Preheat oven to 180C, 350F
Mix all the dry ingredients (including the cheese) together to distribute all the cheese evenly
Add the milk, and mix gently until the dough is just combined
Pour/scoop the dough into a greased pan
Bake for 15 minutes

Thats it!  I like it served warm with lots of butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment